Cannot Install Spotlight 9.5 into OS 10.2 (Jaguar)

AWD

Question

help !!

have upgraded to mac os10.2 (jaguar) and now cannot install vectorworks. am trying to install from a 9.5.1 install disk but keep getting an error message that sends me back to the installer. it does place a copy of vectorworks on my hard drive but it only runs in demo mode. i therefore think it may be something to do with the dongle but have run the dongle updater on the web site and it had no effect. also when i start up vectorworks it does not show my name. not sure if it is relevant or not but the vectorworks viewer works fine in ox10.2.

3 answers to this question

Make sure you are not using a demo version.

If you are using a dongle version, you will need to install the correct dongle drivers. However, I think there are some problems with dongles on Jaguar.

When you install it, make sure you are entering a valid serial number.

hi katie,

i am trying to install from the vectorworks 9.5.2 installer disk. i was trying to install from a 9.5.1 installer and was told to get the 9.5.2 disk which i did (of course computers unilimited charged me for the privilege!) and it should work. i have installed the 10.2 dongle driver as described on your site but vectorworks still comes up in demo mode. i have done clean installs and my serial numbers are valid for both spotlight and renderworks. i am getting very fed up of not being able to use the program i have paid so much for over the years. i would really like your technical department to have sorted this out by now. mac osx 10.2 has now been around for about a month to the public and obviously to developers longer than that. i would love to know why this issue hasn't been resolved. personally, i find the use of dongles as protection very very obtrusive since i run vectorworks on a powerbook and a lot of the time i find the concept of having a dongle stuck out of the back of my laptop rather a scary prospect, for example on planes or when using the machine on location, but to find i cannot use the program at all because of my dongle is incredibly frustrating to say the least!!!!

• Administrator

Andi,

You need to install the 9.5.2 application and install the 9.5.3b2 update as well as the beta dongle drivers available with the 9.5.3b2. Read the note about the need to reinstall the dongle drivers after every reboot.

We know this is not an optimal situation and we are working on a solution, but it will allow you to continue with your work.

If you find this unacceptable, you should uninstall MacOS X 10.2 and go back to the stable 10.1.5 system until we have issued the final release of VectorWorks 9.5.3.

Apple made a number of changes in 10.2 which broke functionality in VectorWorks, and a month is not enough time to find and fix them all.