OSX 10.2 Jaguar

John Miller

Question

My original problem has just re-occured. I have upgraded (?) from Mac OSX 10.1.5 to 10.2 (Jaguar) installed the Apple security update and the VW 9.5.3 update. Everything worked fine until I re-started the next day. The dongle is illuminated, my details appear in the VW splash screen and my serial number is in its box, but I'm in demo mode. Any suggestions? frown.gif" border="0

9 answers to this question

Thank you for the prompt reply. What is strange is that VW worked fine at first. I've remembered I also had an error message about Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect could not continue followed by

"the program you are using needs to use a system file that may reduce the security of your computer. The file is 'SymOSXKernelUtilities.kext'

The choice was fix and use, use or don't use. Don't use made no change so I tried fix and use and restarted. The same message came up regarding the file 'DeleteTrap.kext' I recall that files like these caused my original Dongle posting.

To go back to 10.1 you have to reinstall everything. You also have the option to go back to OS 9 until the dongle issue is resolved (if you installed OS 9 with jaguar).

That is funny that the person didn't know what a dongle was. Of course, I didn't know what one was when I started here either ...

I contacted Epson at one point to ask them about one of thier drivers when VW 9.5 (carbon) came out. I asked them if the printer driver was carbon compatible. He had no idea what a carbonized application meant or carbon compatible. That's always fun explaining it to another tech person at a different tech hotline.

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

i have a very similar problem. i cannot even install spotlight under os 10.2. has anyone else actually installed the application in os 10.2 as opposed to upgrading the os after spotlight was installed under an earlier os revision ? i get to the point in the installer where it sets up the dongle and that's it, the installer stops, i get a message saying there was an error and the installation was unsuccessful and i am taken back to the install screen. since the dongle bit is at the end of the install process, vectorworks spotlight has actually been installed but when i run it i do not get my name etc on the startup screen and can only get demo/no dongle mode. at the moment i am having to run spotlight in os 9.2.2 on an external drive and then copy them over to the hard drive on my powerbook and restart again to email them to my clients. absolute nightmare. the dongle driver update didn't seem to make any difference at all. help !!!