9.5.1 failed, and now 9.0.1 fails too

benchemoul

Question

Mac G4 (PCI graphics), 450Mhz/256MB, Sys 8.6, Microspot dongle.

I had problems installing VW 9.5.1 from a CD (series B): Upgraded Carbon Lib to 1.5, and OpenGL to 1.2.1, easy-installed VW 9.5.1. Upon restart, the computer froze, wouldn?t restart even with Extensions off.

There is one conflict between the computer and OpenGL 1.2.1, and another one between the dongles.

Did a clean install of Sys 8.6 (Carbon Lib 1.2.5, OpenGl 1.0), deleted VW 9.0.1, re-installed 9.5.1 and it opened in DemoMode. Changed the MacHasp Dongle For the newer Hasp and its driver, but nothing improved.

After a lot of frustation, I re-installed VW 9.0.1 + RW. When I start the computer, VW opens in DemoMode but I can see the serials numbers of VW and RW. I re-install the Hasp driver and VW works normally but RW disappears: it doesn?t say that RW is installed, I can?t add its serial number and its menu under render options is grayed.

What happened? I need to get back to work!

2 answers to this question

Check with your distributor to see if the dongle is correctly programmed for the appropriate version of VW as well as RenderWorks. If the dongle is not programmed for RW, then RW features will not be recognized.

Thanks for your reply, Katie. I went to the local dealer and had the dongle fixed: RW is now recognized.

But now the problem is the conflict with Microspot usb dongle.

I wrote to Microspot support, and this is their answer: "We are aware of that problem and it has been reported to developers of VectorWorks. As it is their bug, they hope to have a fix soon".

I am going nuts! First I can't save, then I can't render and now I can't print.

Do you know of any progress or solution to this dongle conflict?