Promblem with dongle or serial???

AMO

Question

Hello I have just bought an educational version of Vectorworks architect in england. I receved a version 9.5 and a dongle and a serial number. Serial number says ' vectorworks architect 9' on the sticker

I quickly rushed to install it only to be hugely dissapointed with the fact that it didnt work.

when the dongle is not pluged in it runs into demo mode. 'No problem' i thought.But when the dongle is pluged in it runs to a serial number input screen. which says vectorworks not vectorworks architect like it thought it would. And when i key in my serial it says invalid format and rufuses to take it.

Have i done something wrong or have i been sent the wrong serial or dongle?

1 answer to this question

If you are using VW 9.5 with a Hasp dongle and MicroSpot's dongle, you are going to run into demo mode problems.

If you are using VW 9.5 with the dongle and no MicroSpot dongles, you shouldn't have a problem with the dongle. It could be that the dongle is not programmed correctly, in which case you need to call those nice gentlemen over at GoMark - Michael or Bill and have the problem resolved.

If you are using VW 901, make sure you installed CD 1, then clicked YES at the installation screen that asks " .. are you installing any additional Industry Series Products such as Architect ....". Then insert CD 2 and follow with the Architect installation. Then you can go and launch VW Arch 901 (with the dongle inserted) and you should be out of demo land. If you are still having problems, it could still be that your dongle is not programmed correctly. Again, call Michael or Bill over at GoMark for resolution.