Mac OS X and dongles

John Miller

Question

I did have VW 9.5 running in OSX 10.1 but following a complete re-install of my hard disk, VW will now only run properly in Classic mode. If I launch in OS X, I'm forced into Demo mode. I understand that there is an issue with MacHASP dongles but not the HASP4 dongle I'm using. Has Apple changed something on the way to version 10.1.3 or is there a secret to loading 9.5 on a Mac that I've missed this time around?

Running a G4 450DP and 768MB of memory. All suggestions welcome!

6 answers to this question

The VW dongle is the only dongle I have. It's now plugged into my keyboard and glowing red since I launched VW in Classic mode, so I know it's not faulty (?) I have also tried other USB ports but with no success.

I've just tried re-installing VW in OS X after deleting the previously installed copy. I filled in my name etc. when asked, but it will still only work in demo mode.

One weird thing: I was looking through my user/library/preferences folder and found Apple's iTunes CDDB prefs was showing as a VW document with the old MiniCad style icon!

Regards

John M

John, In regular mode with VW 9.5 and the dongle inserted, does the light show to be on?

Do you have the correct dongle driver installed?

[ 04-03-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

• Administrator

John,

The 9.5.0 CD should install dongle drivers for MacOS X, but if you installed using the updater, then the dongle drivers need to be installed in a separate step using:

http://webupdate.nemetschek.net/nnapub/mac/MacOSXDongleSupplement.sit

In any event, this would be good to try. Restart your Mac after installing this & see if you are up and running.

Paul C. PharrCAD Software ManagerNemetschek North America

Paul,I Installed the new dongle driver when I installed 9.5.1 then re-started straight away but without success.I am the sole user and owner of this Mac and there are no networked items so I set the preferences to login myself automatically. I am also the administrator, of course.

Why are Adobe Online Prefs and CDDB Prefs showing as VectorWorks files??? (CDDB is the database iTunes uses to find music track names, but I assume you know that) I've moved them onto the desktop but it made no difference.

Deleting the VW preferences file still leaves me in Demo Mode after re-booting with no name or company in the splash screen. I reverted back to auto login.

Keep the suggestions coming!Thanks

John M