Lighting Position Labels

I am having a problem with the text orientation of my lighting positions. I had to rotate some of the lighting positions 90? . Unfortunately my labels rotated too.

Is there any way to rotate just the labels back?? I didn't want to re-draw the positions.

Thanks,

Drew

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The labels will always rotate with the instrument. The "Right Reading" option in the Label Legeng Manager will force the labels to rotate so they are allways parelle to the screen. The "Non-Rotating" label legend is on the wish list.

oopsie. i think i gave you bad advice. if you delete that text then i don't think the units will know where they are position-wise.

maybe allow the label to stand and 'cover' it with a white-filled rectangle/polygon that has a zero line width? then you still have position in the OIP but can't see it.

sorry for the confusion infustion.

You can adjust the position of the label for Electrics, and other position labels by changing the X & Y coordinates in the OIP. This won't change the fact that they are still horizontal on the plot but it allows you to move them to a better location!! Once you have one setup the way you want it you can duplicate it and then change the position name before you place instruments and you are off and running.

Thanks for all the info. I ended up 'ungrouping' the lighting position, deleting both the rotated text, (in the plot) and the lighting position itself, (in the resources pallete). Then I selected the position, (now a symbol in the plot) and recreated the lighting position. Renamed it and I was done.

Thanks again,

Drew

If you go to the OIP for the position and uncheck the box "Position Summary", then the position label will not appear in the plot. You can then insert a text box with your position name however and where ever you want it. Also on some of my plots (ones done in previous versions) at the bottom of the OIP are boxes for the X,Y postion of the label. I have just noticed that they don't appear in the newer plots. I will look into this