Can't Install spotlight 9.5 on Mac OS 9.1

beckyautd

Question

No matter what I try I cannot install either the full DL of 9.5 or the web update version.

Everytime I try to run the install, it locks up my computer on the searching hard drive message and nothing is installed. I was told to try installing into another folder or directory but it does not give me any choice of location. I desperately need this update as I cannot finish my project and I am on a deadline.System infoG3 powerbook running 128 megs of RAMcarbon lib 1.5OS 9.1Vectorworks with SpotlightThanks

4 answers to this question

Do you have Spotlight 9.0.1 installed?

The screen says "searching hard drive", however it's really copying the VW 901 folder and the instllaer will then update the copy. Instead of it saying "searching" it should say copying, this is an error in the installer.

Downloading the installer will take some time, especially if you are on a modem. It can take an hour even depending on your connection.

yes I have 9.0.1 installed and I tried over 6 times and each time waiting for an extremely long period of time sometimes over an hour. I was on a T1 line and downloaded in no time flat. I couldn't quit or force quit or stop the install as it just kept searching

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you installed all of the gobo textures try moving them to a temp folder outside of the VectorWorks directory. The installer copies the entire 9.0.1 folder before the updater actualy runs. The textures are over 1GB when installed so it will take a long time and need a lot of space to copy 1GB.