VW 9.5 Update or Standalone ??

Bob Jared

Question

Something that isn't clear from any of the install instructions (anywhere) is the relationship between ver 9.01 and 9.5. Can someone clarify this; I just installed VW+Spotlight 9.0.1 on a new computer. I then immediately ran the install program for version 9.5 from the CD that I ordered from the Nemetschek website. It seems that ver 9.5 is a standalone version - and I didn't actually need to install 9.0.1 in the first place ?? If so, I assume that I can remove ver 9.0.1 (?) The Windows XP ADD/REMOVE programs menu shows the following items; VectorWorks 9.0.1 - 983 mb VectorWorks Spotlight - no version or size shown VectorWorks Spotlight 9.5.0 - 970 mb Also in Explorer - 2 seperatre Directory Folders have been created on the drive to which I installed; VectorWorks 9.0.1VectorWorks Spotlight 9.5.0 So the questions are simple - can I remove ver 9.0.1 ?? Conversley; when I update my laptop which still has v 8.52 on it - Can I start directly w/ the 9.5 CD?

Thanks;Bob Jared

2 answers to this question

The VectorWorks 9.5 updater requires that 9.0.1 be installed in order to create the 9.5 installation. If I remember correctly, it works by copying your 9.0.1 installation and then modifying the copy. Therefore, to install 9.5, you'll need to install 9.0.1 and then run the 9.5 updater. Once 9.5 is installed, however, you should be able to remove 9.0.1 without causing any problems.