Rotating Print Orientation on a HP500

aaronmason

Question

Hello All,

I am running V12 on a Mac printing to a HP500 over a network. We have our plotter loaded with 36" wide paper. The problem we are running into is that when we print 24x36 sheets in landscape we can't find a way to rotate the page to maximize paper usage.

I know that on some of the other HP plotters they had an option to "autorotate", any ideas if the HP500 can do this, or any work arounds.

Thanks.

Aaron

4 answers to this question

Hi Aaron, welcome to the club. While I don't know if your problem is solvable I do know that the problem exists for the Epson 7600 and the HP Designjet 110plus, when trying to print A2 across the roll.

See also: http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000626

The problem exists, as far as I can tell, because these companies refuse to update their drivers to handle this capability, blaming Apple for the problem. Of course they've achieved such capability with drivers on Mac OS X for their new machines so I'll leave it to you to make any conclusions.

In any case there may be workaround for your situation, I just don't know it, sorry.

[ 03-29-2006, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Christiaan ]

You can usually achieve this by creating a custom page size and rotating the drawing 90 degrees in the print dialog box.

I am leaving town for a few days, but when I get back, I'll have some time to play with this and see what I can do for you.