Model to Elevation to PDF - Too Slow

Joe Doker

Question

I don't know if this is a VW question or a PDF question. Is there a way to speed up the production of a pdf of an elevation that is produced from "convert to polygons" from a 3-D model? I'm sure the problem must be all of the resulting "pieces" from the conversion to polygons process. I've noticed that Acrobat seems to include every item in the model, even he stuff hidden by what is in front.

Is it possible to "flatten" the VW file before producting the pdf, i.e., include only the stuff that you see in the particular view? Or, is there a way to tell Acrobat to only use the stuff you see and ignore the "hidden" items.

Using VW 10.5 and Acrobat 7.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I am using Convert to Polygons so I can apply some brick and siding hatches to the exterior to make it look a little nicer. I only have basic VW so I don't think I have any other options for applying surfaces to 3-D objects, do I?

Good idea on turning off interior stuff. I did some of that, but probably need to be a little more religious about it.

Thanks

You have several options. Convert to lines instead of to polygons will speed things up.

Prior to rendering, turn off items which will not be seen. If you are rendering elevations, then turn off furniture, fixtures, interior walls, etc. This is easily done with saved views. Simply turn off those classes for that view.

Hatches will slow things down too.