Sign in to follow this  
Yellowstone Construction

.pdf conversion

Question

5 answers to this question

Try searching for a free utility called pdf lab. It seems to work well in Mac 10.4 and it gives a lot more control over how the pages are combined.

pdf lab seems to be more of an organizer. I use PDF Pen for that, but it's not free ($30?).

Batch printing to PDF would be a super addition to VW output options.

You can now (in the Print Dialog) open PDFs in another application, but the rest of the batched sheets will print to the default printer. Is there a "virtual" printer that would let you print to PDF now? There used to be one in Mac OS 9.

http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html

Alan,

That seems like a good idea, but I could never get it to do anything better than what the stock VW batch print command does.

I believe Mike's question relates to the fact that batch printing requires user intervention during each page that is printed. You have to click print, (or save), and then give the page a name for each sheet in your print job.

I too am curious if Automator could "automate" this task. It seems simple enough to have a program "click" print and then give the document a sequencial number. Once all sheets are printed you can merge them to one document with Acrobat Pro or other PDF utilities.