Printing trouble - HP DesignJet 488ca

GrannySmith

Question

My office recently upgraded to new iMacs and Vectorworks 12. I am having trouble getting our HP DesignJet 488ca to plot using the gimp driver supplied with OS 10.4. Print jobs will spool through the print menu, but nothing happens.

The plotter shows up in the Apple Talk menu. I have not tried sending jobs through an IPP or LPD configuration, as I can not figure out what the IPP address is.

I reviewed other posts on this board, but have not found anything that helps. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

You will need the IP address. You can setup any printer in the Print Center that will not work. The fact that you have a printer showing has no meaning. You need a printer setup that is set up correctly.

I have a 455 on a JetDirect. I don't know if the 488 is the same, but I assume it is similar. Hold down the test button on the JetDirect until the printer prints. It will print two sheets. The second sheet has the IP address. You can use letter size sheets if you want to save paper.

If you do a search for 455 on this board, you should find an explaination by me on how to set up a 455 using GimpPrint.

Let me know if you need more help.