Bizarre viewport printing issue

NickB

Question

Hi All

I have a drawing that I am printing across two pages. It is essentially one viewport that spans a double page area. The drawing is lots of circles with dimension lines. The strange thing is that when I print it, one circle (that spans both pages) only prints on the second page. Every other circle prints fine, that circle prints fine on page two, but simply isn't there on page one. Its dimension line prints fine, but the circle doesn't.

If I simply change the page size, then the circle prints. Change the page size back again, and that single circle doesn't print again. Very weird.

Any ideas? Nick

4 answers to this question

Hi Katie, sorry thought I'd put all of that in my signature... obviously not.

VW 11.5.1 Basic

OS X 10.4.3

Printer is Epson Stylus Photo 1290 using the Epson drivers bundled with Tiger (not Gimp). I am printing using the 'Stylus Photo 1290(Maximum)' setting to two pages 297mm x 840mm (half A1).

What happens if you print at 60% or 100% on one sheet of paper?

(I know, it won't fit ... it's just a test)

Sometimes printer drivers are unable to retain their accuracy in converting vector data to a printer-usable data type when the print percentage is less than 51%.

Sorry Katie, I'm not sure I understand you. I am printing at 100% as far as I know.

I have "Page Setup" a custom paper size of 297x840mm (which is equivalent to a sheet of A1 paper divided in half along its length) I have then "Set Print Area..." to two pages/tiles. Then once they are printed out I tape the two pages (pieces of paper) together to get an A1 drawing.

I haven't changed any percentages.

I have tried printing out just one page at a time but get the same result.

If I change the "Page Setup" to A4, and "Set Print Area" to a single tile, and reposition that to cover the part that is misbehaving, then the line prints out ok.

Change the "Page Setup" and "Set Print Area" back again, and the line disappears again.