batch pdf in VW 12 mac

Andrew Weyrauch

Question

7 answers to this question

Kevin, I am curious. I have the same setup. When I use batch print, I am required to name each sheet and press the print button. I have to repeat this for each sheet.

The program will not batch print unattended. Once all the sheets are printed to PDF, I can then assemble them into one document using Acrobat Pro.

Is this what you have to do?

Naming pdf's one by one is fine for small sets, but when I have hundreds of drawings to make pdfs of for print sets, this can take half a day. It would be so much simpler if a batch pdf process could make pdfs and use the sheet name for each pdf automaticlly. It is unfortunate that nemetschek doesn't realize the potential of such a batch pdf utility, especially since VW 12 can export pdfs using quartz technology in the mac environment.

Perhaps someone with an understanding of Tiger Automator could explain how to automate this process.

It seems that Automator should be able to automatically "click" the print button and sequencially number the saved sheets.

The result would be 200 pdf sheets each numbered 01 through 200.

I agree Andrew. Having to do 200 sheets manually is a pain. For me the bigger problem would be having to remember what the last sheet was numbered. "Was it 182 or 183"?