Designjet 110plus nr stops mid print

D Wood

Question

If I load several A3 drawings and ask for multiple prints (6 is my usual number), the printer will stop after the first couple and just sit there. There are no warning messages either on the printer's panel, or on the computer. The only way I can get it to print is to load each drawing one at a time and wait for all those to be printed before loading the next one - incredibly slow, time consuming and annoying.

It seems to me to be a memory problem - is there a memory chip in this printer? Can it be upgraded?

Regards

David W

Auckland, NZ

VWA 11.5.1

17"iMac, 512MB RAM

9 answers to this question

David,

I would wager the memory limitation is your computer's not the printer's problem. Several who post here recommend at least 1gb, you'll see that I run 1.5gb.

Someone with more HP savvy may correct me, but I believe the printer's memory is used to store portions of the current page being printed while the computer stores the que of pages waiting to print. In addition, the computer must do the rasterizing (converting the file into dots of ink) before the job can be sent to the printer. Adding more files to the que may conflict with the present raster process.

One way to check this might be to quit any open applications and see if the OS will reallocate more memory to the print engine . . . allowing it to "restart".

Good luck,

[ 10-14-2005, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Travis

As usual, I fear you may be right. The G4 iMac can take 1Gb RAM max, I have 512Mb. I might have to look at upgrading to a G5 rather than buying more RAM.

(Sigh) The upgrading cycle never ends, does it? Now there's V12 to look forward to.............. and I haven't even got around to OS10.4 yet!

DW

17" iMac, 512MB RAM, OS10.9, VWA+RW 11.5

Another thought - reading the excellent Altoids thread on diagonal line thickness, V12 promises to solve the problem (at last!) for Mac users. I have been rasterising all my prints in an attempt to improve print quality, but as Altoids says, that's a memory hog, so that won't be helping my iMac's apparently limited memory.

Regards

DW