plotting extra sheets

lindamon

Question

Whenever I try to plot it either gets chopped into several sheets, or it prints multiple blank pages along with the plot. My documents settings are set to Arch D - 24x36 and so is my print setup - (Arch D). The plotter (im assuming because of margins) labels a 24x36 plot as 22x34. Vectorworks aligns the page breaks with the upper left corner instead of centering it so it is registering the left over area as new pages. How do i fix this? I was able to get it to work by choosing a custom paper size and manually typing in 24x36 in my plotter setting. I find it hard to believe that I will not be able to use the pre-set ARCH D settings. Is there a way to center the page breaks instead of aligning them to one side?

3 answers to this question

It is always a good idea to tell us what your setup is. Are you on Windows or Mac. What plotter?

You should not have to type in any custom sizes.

Under page setup choose your page size and orientation. If it does not show up, then you need to install the proper printer descriptions.

Under VW, go to Page>Set Print Area. It should show One Page and the diagram should occupy one box. If not, drag the box to the right and back so that the highlight is just the upper left box. The proper page size less margins should display.

A D size sheet may only show as 22.xx by 34.xx and not as 24 x 36.

Oh, sorry about that. I am on Windows running VW 11.5.1 and trying to plot on an HP DesignJet1055. I did use the page setup for the printer, but I guess the solution is to drag the box as you mentioned. I was unaware that you could do that. It thought that box was static. Thank you so much.