Trouble printing VW docs on HP Designjet 110

Edward M. Baum

Question

After several months of no problems, today my HP Designjet 110 inkjet printer refused to print drawings. The printer's dialog box reverts to "Jobs Stopped" a few seconds after the file is loaded. I worked with HP support for almost an hour, uninstalling the printer drivers, installing newly downloaded ones, repairing permissions, and restarting both printer and computer numerous times. Still no progress.

Other files like .DOC and .PDF files print fine. HP suggested the problem might be in the Apple CUPS portion of the system software. It looks like only vector files are having problems.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas of what to do about it? Right now I have to make .PDFs of my work in order to print it.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

VW 12-designer/Win XP Home. I have a similar problem. My HP DesignJet 110plus will print most sheets in an mcd file perfectly except one or two will only print part of the sheet, and in no discernable order. I print one sheet (page) at a time as I feed the printer manually. No other software I use gives me any problems with this printer and I have the latest driver. Like you, I have to convert my sheet to a PDF document in order to print it.

Regards

This problem also occurs with OSX Tiger ( not w/Panther ) . The solution involves the correct sequence of steps during the Print & Page set-up selection process :

First, the OS page set-up via VW File menu>then, VW Page set-up via Sheet Layer, then VW Print Page set-up then back to OS Print Page Set-up .... whew ... miss one step and it defaults to the some generic A or Letter page set-up and wastes a bunch of paper and ink in the process.

1) VW>File>Page Set-up>Page Attribute>Printer

2) VW>Sheet>New>Print Set-up >set to show One Page>dpi 300

3) Command-Print>check your pre-sets including the drop down menu Save As when satisfied

4) Print to> save as PDF

5) Open PDF file in Preview

6) Important! File>Page Set-up >printer & paper Size&Atributes

7)Command-Print> Printer>pre-sets ( use default or from your 'Saved' list of pre-sets )

Miss one of these steps and the printer will default to whatever ...

Hope this helps ...