Runtime Error! Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Will Morris

Question

When i try to print certain vector works drawings a runtime error occurs. As soon as click either print or print preview the runtime error appears and closes the application. I have vector works 11.0.1 and i have reinstalled it twice and that didnt resolve my problem. Its getting quite frustrating now so i hope some one can help me????

10 answers to this question

The printer i want to print to is HP designjet 800 . My computer is also linked to hp Laserjet 5550n and hp laserjet 8150DN. I dont even get the choice of selecting a printer from the menu because the runtime error occurs as soon as i click on either print preview or print. It doesnt happen on the other machine on the network.??

Will,

I would delete all printers and set them back up, especially since it's only happening on this one computer. Make sure you are using the latest driver versions available from hp.com when reinstalling the printers.

It still is not working. The runtime error occurs when we try to print drawings with Design Sheet Layers. We are using Windows XP SP2 and print to a HP Designjet 800 24 via a TCP/IP port.

We are using the latest driver (ver 6.11) downloaded from the HP website. The problem has occurred since the latest driver has been installed and the problem is replicated on all other workstations with XP sp2 and using this driver. Whilst we was using the older driver (ver 5.21) this error message did not occur. The driver was upgraded to fix another problem with drawings which were printing but several other layers would be missing.

Some of the PC's are already rolled back to ver 5.21 (obviously these still have the original problem of some layers missing from printouts) We are now unable to roll back the driver as it is no longer available from HP.

Please could you provide a resolution preferably for the runtime error or for the original problem for which we upgraded the driver to resolve.

You should update to 11.5.1. I know the updaters aren't all quite working just yet. They will be fixed soon.

Meanwhile, contact Customer Service to have an 11.5.1 install CD mailed to you.

registry Edit
Press down Windows key and R key, type in: regedit and click OK. In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > DriverSearching. Look on the right side, and you will see SearchOrderConfig key. Double click it and then switch Value data from 1 to 0. Click OK. Restart your PC.
check for other methods here:
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error/