crashing before printing

accarch

Question

we are running OS 10.4 w/ VW 11.5 and have experienced repeated crashing when selecting page setup or print- we cannot print at all from this new OS- if we transfer the file through our network to another computer we can print with no problem on a G4 w/ 10.3 or a native 10.4 G5 computer. Is there a known conflict between Tiger and VW11.5? we tried the script clearing thing from the previous post to no avail-

any thoughts?

6 answers to this question

We have more than one client with this problem, the printer is not relevant, rebuilding printers will not fix it., VW or Printer Utility is not causing panic. This is a legacy data issue.

Some VW9 files when translated to VW11 generate a corruption in the file shell (my term), to workaround the problem do a text export (Vectorscript) from the VW11 file, open a new document, set units and page size and import the text file (Vectorscript), this gives you back your drawing data in a page setable and printable file...voila!...but you'll have to reset all your saved views because these don't get out to the text file!? Why does this happen? Don't know yet, but page setup info has always been stored in the file shell on Mac OS.

There is a script that will clear the print information in the Knowledge Base. This is a better option to fix the cause of THAT problem because it maintains all file information (except printer information).

There are a few other situations we've (tech Support) where the clear print settings script does not address the issue and does infact fall as a problem with the driver, permissions (disk utility), out of date OS, and specific known printer issues (from the OS).

I've recently upgraded to VW12.0.1 along with a new G5 imac running OSX.4.I cannot print to my HP designjet 110plus from any files created in VW8.5 which I have imported unless I cut and paste each layer into a new VW12 document. This is extremely frustrating as I have literally hundreds of files which I still need to access update and print. Will your 'script' solve this? If so how do I use it?