Printer in Philadelphia Area

Villanova Theater

Question

Hello,

I'm using Vector Works 10.1 and trying to find a print center in the Philadelphia area. Noone seems to print .mcd files they need a .pdf or an image file to print. So I've been exporting my .mcd files to a jpeg or a .tiff and making my pdf from there and sending it out to get printed. Is that the only way to print Vector Works files? Is there a better way to conver to pdf? (My quality is not that great, lines are more granulated, and fonts are illegible.)

Thanks so much for your help.

Matthew Rohner

4 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by bruce_oilers:

Would the print center be willing to download the free VectorWorks Viewer application? They can print from that as easily as you can. They just need to have the same fonts.

The VW Viewer is an option. I have not used it. However I think that PDF is far superior. Why force someone to download a single use application such as Viewer.

With PDF you can send the file to anyone. You have full control of what sheets to print and how they look. The fonts can be embedded as well.

Welcome to the forum. If you look in the upper right corner of the page, you will see a search link. Do a search for PDF printing and you will find all the info that you need.

I use PDF and it works great. It allows me to share files with consultants, clients, and yes, printers.