older drawings loose PDF option

richieh

Question

Hi we have an office with 15 Macs, 13 of which are running a mixture of OS 10.2.8 and 10.3.9. All have acrobat 6 and vectorworks 10.5.1, to create a PDF of a drawing we just select Adobe PDF as the printer and print. Works fine, we have just had 2 new machines running OS 10.4.2 and Vectorworks 11.5. If we create a new drawing then we can create a PDF the same way as above. The problem is as soon as we open a drawing created in Vectorworks 10.5.1 we can still select Acrobat PDF as the printer but the PDF options disappears and when you click on print you just get the coloured spinning wheel forever and no PDF. We get the problem on both of the new machines.

2 answers to this question

I am running VW 11.5.1 and OS 10.4.2. I have been having the same problem only with certain VW 10 files. Everyone else in the office works on 10.5.1 and I export back to VW 10 each time I save back to the server. It has indeed perplexed me as to the cause.

I did have Acrobat version 7 probs but all seems to be well now that I downloaded the updates as stand alone installers, except for this issue.