Jump to content

what are "ganging" and "multicircuit"?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out what "ganging" and "multicircuit" do exactly, but being Dutch, my English isn't good enough to understand it exactly. Could anyone explain? I do have the manual, but being an architect instead of a light designer or technician doesn't help much. Also, if someone could tell me what a two-fer is?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,


Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Technicaly a two-fer is an electrical Y that has female receptacles at the top of the Y and a male plug at the bottom leg of the Y; used to connect two instruments to the same circuit

In the drawing world a two-fer an take on a slightly different meaning. In general a two-fer is used to designate that 2 instruments are always going to have a common dimmer, circuit, or channel attribute. The ganging tool simply places two-fers, and you can put mutiple two-fers together to gang many instruments together. If you two-fer by channel, the channels will allways be the same, etc.

Multi-Circuit Instrument is an instrument, such as a striplight that is one physical unit, but has two or more circuits. The individual circuits of the instrument must be placed seperatly, then converted to a multi-circuit unit. If you move one part of the unit, the others will folow, but each part contains distinct information.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...