VectorWorks WOES!!!

I am currently using VW 9.5.3 with OS 10.2.6. The number of problems that pop up on a random basis is far too many to document. Small and easily fixed by a simple quit still a huge nuisance. Many problems tend to be part of the Label Legend manager. Anything from data not appearing, to ALL of the Label Legends disappearing from the Label Legend Folder in the Resources!!

Currently I am stuck with not being able to create a new Label Legend due to the TEXT does not appear in the Layout window. I have a plot that needs to be out by tomorrow and won?t due to a BUGGY application.

What gives with all of the problems? I have tried deleting the preference and rebooting. Does VW 10 fix the problems that still exist in 9.5.3? Is Nemetschek going to address these issues or is 9.5.3 a lost cause? Is 10 worth a try??

ERIC

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Eric,

By any chance are you purging the document? In versions prior to 10, purging the document will cause the label legends to be deleted. Also have you moved the page origin? There have been problems reported with V9 if the page origin has been moved. If your lables are not appearing make sure that the Label-[Attribute] class is set to visable and that you are in Show-Snap-Modify others.

I have checked the classes and everything looks good!! I can open up other Label Legends and the text is there. If I create a new label legend is when the text is gone.

As for the purge command!! Don't you think that it is a problem that a feature of the program doesn't work properly!! Is this going to get fixed??

Again I ask, does 10 fix many of the day to day bugs that I encounter!

ERIC

The problem is not a bug we are familiar with for any version of Spotlight.

Go to About VW wtih the application open and see what the version of VW is.

Creating new text blocks that are invisible would be related to not runnin vw 95.3. All old text would be visible.

Before you purge you need to insert an instance of each label legend into your plot. Purge deletes all unused stuff and labe legends are one of them. Once you have complered the purge you can delete the legends and you are set.

This comes from experience - and not a good one!! [smile]