RGB on a CMYK printer

Lynda

Question

I am printing to an HP DesignJet 750C+ plotter and can not get my colours to match anywhere near on screen.

In my Windows version of VW there does not seem to be an option to use CMYK at all. Do I have to use another program to give me all of my colour values and convert all of the palette colours manually?

My Epson printer is also CMYK so again the same issue when printing directly from VW.

I don't have the same problem if I export a bitmap image and print from Illustrator. Then the issue becomes one of scale and file size!

There are no answers in the tech support archive.

Are there any new filters I can use?

2 answers to this question

I don't know about the 750C but I recall with the 755CM you could go into the properties, options tab, and select manual color. This enabled you to click a color control button which brought up a window that had a number of options, one being match screen. There was also a user defined color correction which used an image to help set colors.

Thanks Delmer. I found these options but they didn't seem to make a lot of difference.

I ended up flooding the image with lights, but turned off shadows, and this seems to have achieved a more accurate coloured print.

Lynda