HP 7596A DraftMaster II

DColton

Question

I have inherited an old HP plotter (HP 7596A DraftMaster II) is it possible to use it with MacOS 10.3.8 and VectorWorks 11.5?

I've searched the archives and find no reference to this old plotter and MacPlot doesn't seem to be an answer either.

Thanks,

David

5 answers to this question

David;

I hate to throw anything away. I have found though that when it comes to technology that it is often wiser to update to what is current.

My HP inkjet is 7 years old, but will do things that a pen plotter cannot do. It is supported under OSX and supplies are readily available. It was a couple of thousand dollars when new. I am sure that by now it is quite affordable.

You might consider an older injet rather than a really old pen plotter.

Thanks all for the info and advice. I contacted MacroEnter and they have called me, but it turned into phone tag as I missed the call.

We're moving to a new building so maybe I should pick up a new machine and have the old plotter turned into a boat anchor or dumpster bait.

I'll let you know what I find out for those interested.

Thanks again.

We traded some work to a client for a hardly ever used 1999 HP430 which is PC only and which never worked for them and ACAD.

As soon as got my hands on the thing,I installed some old Laserwriter8 RAM attached a Belken Centronix cable with USB. Then installed GIMP Drivers and now that ol HP430 sings with OSX.3.8 better than it ever could with the OEM Drivers.

It's a work horse !