HP DesignJet 800ps

Joe Warfield

Question

Hello all. I really need some assistance. Just got a new HP DesignJet 800ps. I am using a Dual 2.0 Ghz G5 with 2.5GB of RAM. Using OS 10.3.X and VW 11.5 as well as Virtual PC 7.0.1 and AutoCAD 2004 (which prints fine to the 800 by the way...) But I need VECTORWORKS to print!

Here it is... After installing all softwar on OSX and opening VW 11.5 with my intended document to print, I send the file to the 800, it acknowledges it, both in OS X and on the Plotter. However... it spools out BLANK paper and I forced to cancel the job on the plotter. Can anyone shed any light on this...? What am I not doing correctly? Thanks for your help in advance. Would appreciate it immensely. Regards, Joe W.

[Eek!]

2 answers to this question

My experience with HP products is that the software for the Mac was often poor. Great hardware, lousy software. The most software trouble that I had was with my HP plotter.

However, I also found that the tech support at HP was excellent. Give them a call.