print "chooser" doesn't recognize new printer

lawrence kline

Question

OK....have straightened out Illustrator not printing with Epson...a mere matter of making sure the proper printer was shown in all the dialog boxes. STILL cannot get VW to print...under the Apple menu, go to chooser, CX6600 not in the icon box. Go to "print" window or "page setup" window under VW File menu, both boxes say Epson CX5200 - they have not recognized the fact the CX6600 is now the printer of choice and I can't find any way to change them.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

What OS are you using? Sounds like 9.x. Are you sure you downloaded the correct print driver?

If you're able to select the printer for use by one application (Illustrator), it's got to be equally available for other applications. This isn't an application problem, the issue still lies at the OS/print driver level.

Good luck,

[ 02-09-2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]

Travis: Silly me! I was wrong. It DOES need Classic to open. The problem (according to Epson) is that the driver must be installed in a "bootable" version of OS9. I always thought "Classic" was exactly that, but apparently it is just a "shell". The only thing that's going to work here is to buy a version thats OS10 compatible. Live and learn, spend money to correct mistakes....the American Way!

Thank you again, very much!

LSK

Not if VW is running under OSX. I take it from your comment that you're running OSX. What version of OS and which version of VW are you using?

It might pay you to read up a little on how OSX handles printing and printer creation and selection. Basically, every print driver you have loaded shows up under the pull-down menus in the print dialog box--the box you get whenever you select Print. If you don't see your printer in the Printer pull-down, the driver isn't correctly loaded.

Keep diggin, you'll get there.