Canon W7200 vs. Epson 9600

Alexander Studio

Question

I am currently looking to purchase a wide format plotter that will provide both high quality prints for Architectural Renders, color prints for Client review and standard Cad Plotting for blueprints. Currently investigating the Canon imageProGraf W7200 and the Epson 9600... I have had good luck with Epson, currently use (2) Epson 3000's and an Epson Photo 2200. The output of these is great but I need also need large format with a minimum of 30" x 42" output size. I am interested in the Canon W7200 because of the 36" width, high capacity 330 ml ink tanks with lower ink costs, and apparent high print speed. Is anyone here using the Canon? Does anyone print on vellum with the 9600? If I get the Epson, I would probably get the photographic dye ink model to conserve cost of consumables. If anyone is using the Canon, are you using Rip Software with it? I have heard that PoserJet is a good RIP software. Is it needed with the Canon? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Alexander

Alexander Studio

10/15/04

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet