Document Never Prints in 10.3.5: Error -43 in Print Monitor

Paul Cunningham

Question

Having a problem where I try to print from Vectorworks and everything appears to proceed normally. However when I open up the Print Monitor to view its progress, the document appears for a very short time and then briefly flashes an error that reads something like:

"Printing error: Could not delete resource file. -43"

I'm not sure if that's exact because it displays so briefly. After that nothing else happens.

We have determined that we are causing this error when attempting to use a specific Font -- changing the Font to Helvetica makes it go away. However, there appears to be nothing incorrect about where this font is installed, and the same font files are used on another G4 with no problems whatsoever.

I have reached the end of my capacity to debug this problem. Do you have any further advice?

4 answers to this question

Having a problem where I try to print from Vectorworks and everything appears to proceed normally. However when I open up the Print Monitor to view its progress, the document appears for a very short time and then briefly flashes an error that reads something like:

"Printing error: Could not delete resource file. -43"

I'm not sure if that's exact because it displays so briefly. After that nothing else happens.

We have determined that we are causing this error when attempting to use a specific Font -- changing the Font to Helvetica makes it go away. However, there appears to be nothing incorrect about where this font is installed, and the same font files are used on another G4 with no problems whatsoever.

I have reached the end of my capacity to debug this problem. Do you have any further advice?

What font are you using that causes this problem?

You may want to try to download the trial version of Font Doctor from www.versiontracker.com and see if it finds any missing/corrupt/duplicate components of the font suitcase you are using.

Where do you see this error message - in the print center, does a dialog box pop up, does it say VW caused an error... and then the error message, etc?

[ 10-16-2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]