pdf and printing

lswdw

Question

can anyone tell me why the print area is different when i set the printer to acrobat distiller(pdf) and hp printer?

the difference is that when i set to acrobat distiller (pdf), the grey border maximizes to the edge of the actual paper size whereas when i set to my hp printer 1220c, the grey border shrinks. for example if it is 11x17, the print area would show as 10.58 x 16.38

is there any ways that i can set the margins of the pdf and the hp printer? i've looked everywhere in the acrobat distiller and hp printer preferences and i am not finding any margin settings.

any tips?

vw 11.0.1

xphome

hp deskject 1220c

acrobat distiller 5.0

4 answers to this question

In my version there is a checkbox to allow the PDF image to shrink to fit to page. I do not really care what margins are in the PDF itself. Just as long as the entire image prints on paper is what matters to me. My PDF drawings are created in "D" size. They print fine when emailed to the reprographics house as D size. I also print them in house on a HP 455 in D size or print them as letter size on a desktop printer. The program shrinks to fit the page to letter size of the desktop printer.