Printing to file

Niblick

Question

I have just changed from AutoCAD to VW11 Landmark and have to say I am very impressed! I have one question that someone might be able to answer.

I plot a lot of drawings to file. I see that you can do this in VW11. However, the file comes out as a .dat file and I have to change the extension to a .plt file for it to work. I send my drawings to printing companies around the world depending on what project I am working on. Is this a bug in the system that creates a .dat file instead of a .plt file?

Also, when it creates the file it places it in a file where I do not really want it. In AutoCAD I could tell the program where I wanted the file to be stored...is this possible?

That was two questions...sorry..

Brian Phillips

Golf Course Architect

3 answers to this question

Actually, it's an inconsistency in the software, and not your fault. Everywhere else, VectorWorks uses the Windows method of specifying path and extension, using Windows Explorer and a drop-down list of extensions. In this one case they reverted to the DOS method. That's especially odd since there never was a DOS version of VectorWorks.