Printing Problems - Transparency

Bret

Question

I'm working on a large set of plans, and I have part of my them covered with a mask on a layer with the transfer mode set to "Not Erase," which creates a "faded-out" area on the sheet.

The problem is that none of the printers I have tried (including Adobe Distiller 6, pdfFactory, our HP 1050C plotter, and an HP Laserjet 2100) reproduce this correctly. On the laserjet, the mask didn't seem to be there at all, and all the other printers rendered this area to a flat opaque gray. This also occured with the "Print to File" option chosen. The ultimate goal is to be able to send .rtl files to an architect for plotting.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work correctly? Our office is using Windows 2000 computers.

Thanks,

Bret Rooks

Taylor & Syfan Consulting Engineers

P.S. This seems like it could be related to the "Lack of transparency with HP500PS printer" topic of about a year ago...

2 answers to this question

Thanks... I guess the question now is, is there a way for me to create a .rtl file (or something similar) that would include the transparency? I don't actually need to plot the files myself, I just need to be able to e-mail them elsewhere for plotting.

Thanks again,

Bret