Sign in to follow this  
Ted Walsh

Blank sheets only

Question

Using OS 10.3.5 and printing with a HP500ps, HP/GL-2 installed + 128MB Simm, and Microspot X-RIP

Recently most of my plots are blank, (thought it was a memory issue apparently not).

Not sure if this is a VW or a HP issue. either way it is causing very serious grief.

Any suggestions appreciated

TW

5 answers to this question

Have you checkmarked the print as raster option in the print dialog box?

Katie,

Thanks for your reply.

No, the raster button is not checked.

I have discovered that I can print pdfs, dwgs & possibly others, but not VW files.

I did manage to print one small VW file but only after the printer first produced a blank page followed by numerous short strips.

Check mark that option and see if the print is sucessful.

When you click on Preview, do you see the file or a blank sheet?

The problem is most likely that the printer is running out of memory. If it works as preview, it's not a VectorWorks issue. After preview, the operations are handed off to the operating system.

Especially since the print as raster works, I am fairly certain the problem is memory related.

Katie,

Yes it does preview and yes it does print when I checked that option! Many thanks.

Why, do you reckon, this option is now needed? All had been fine. But I did recently update to OS 10.3.5 and experimented with with X-RIP (1.6) options to improve quality.

Thanks again.