Sign in to follow this  
Ben Clayton

Black overwrite problem

Question

I am currently having problems printing to a Canon 1180 printer with an NX60 RIP.

I have tried two setups:-

MAC OS 10.3.4

Vectorworks 10.51

And

Windows XP (SP1)

Vectorworks 11

The problem occurs when I have a drawing with solid blocks of colour and black lines going through the blocks of colour. It looks like there is a white border either side of the line, this is noticeable with all lines that run diagonally across the page.

My printer manufacturer suggested that I should set the ?black overwrite? setting on, which I have done. I am using the latest drivers supplied by windows and the latest drivers downloaded from the Canon site for MAC OSX.

Using another printer in the office (Ricoh CL7000) the prints come out fine!

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben Clayton

3 answers to this question

Have you checked to see if there is a Windows update for the Cannon?

Katie,

I have checked that I am using the latest drivers for both PC and MAC. The files print exactly the same from both the PC and MAC - so not sure if it is the drivers. I have tried simulating an image where there is a black line intersecting a block of colour from another application. This problem doesn't occur....

Checkmark print as raster and see if the problem persists.