BEST Printer?

JonA

Question

After many troubles working with outside (AutoCad oriented) print shops I've choosen to print half size in-house and then have the print shop enlarge the final prints.

I am looking for the best 12"+ width printer for Mac OS 10.2.8 and VW 9.5.2. CANON i9900 has been recommended. Does anybody ahve experience with this or perhaps the HP Deskjet 9650? Any other ideas?

thanks!

3 answers to this question

Have you tried to print to PDF and then give the print shop the PDF to print? I can email a PDF file to my reprographics house and have a full set of 24"x36" plans delivered back on my door within a few hours.

Your idea of printing twice seems like a huge hassle. There should be more than enough reprographics firms in the Berkely area that can easily handle printing a PDF file.

Jon;

I have done this with VW9.5.3 on OS10.2.8 with Acrobat 5. I recently upgraded to VW11 and OS10.3.4 and have not printed to PDF with the new setup.

I am not sure what you mean by registration and edges not working out. I print my file to actual size and the reprographics house has no problem. I use "D" size so my Acrobat files are 24" x36". I can also print these to a letter size printer by selecting shrink to fit.