HP 750c & OS9 / OSx

sdw

Question

hello,

I want to connect my old HP750c printer to my G4 dual processor running 0S9 so that i can print without problems from vectorworks.

i can connect with an usb adabter

or with a jetdirect card from HP.

I would like to have a solution that works also on OSX when i install it in the future.

Can you provide any help or suggetions?

Thanks in advance.

stefan Dewachter

2 answers to this question

You will need macplot graphic pak with has the proper usb to parallel cable to go from the mac to the 750c, and the proper driver. when you go to 10.x you will have to upgrade to Microspot X or use a gimp driver. A jet direct card would give you a local talk (serial connector) at the plotter and ethernet but is not necessary. Put your money into the driver which comes with the proper cable (and dongle!)

I have an HP 455 and use it on both OS9 and OS10. It connects to the computers via Ethernet through the JetDirect Card.

Under OS9 I use the HP RIP software that came with the plotter. Under OS10 I use GimpPrint. On OS10.2 I download it and install. On OS10.3 it is already a part of the system software.

If you have the JetDirect already, then the cost is free plus the cost of any Ethernet cables or routers. The software is free.