HP800PS, VW 10.5.1,OS 10.3.3 problem

PeterT

Question

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.3.3 from 10.2.8 and now my plotter is cutting the plots too long.

What is up with this?

I am using the exact same custom page sizes I used in OS 10.2.8 which was cutting the roll at exactly 24" (we plot in Landscape orientation to a 36" roll).

But now on 10.3.3 the plotter is adding an extra 1/2" or so to leading and trailing edges and cutting the paper at around 25".

I am using the exact same page setup and print settings that I have used for the past year on OS 10.2.8, but getting different output.

Has anyone else had this problem?

4 answers to this question

Yes, I ran it after upgrading to 10.3.3 and I run it regularly.

Since my last post, though, I have come up with a new custom Page Size that cuts properly at 24", but I just don't understand why I have to do exhaustive trial and error test plots every time something changes.

We have never been able to use any of the pre-configured page sizes that HP provides with their driver. The "D" size setup, for example, sets up the page for 24" x 36" exactly, but with no margins. Since the plotter itself has hard leading and trailing margins of .70 inches, if you plot using the "D" size setup it adds these margins to the 24" dimension and cuts the paper at 25.4".

Under OS10.2.8 we had to set up a custom page size of 24" and then set up margins of .7 inches, which you can do in the custom page setup. This worked great and cut ther page right at 24".

In OS 10.3.3, however, I now have to set up a page size that subtracts the margin dimension from the page size, and put nothing in the margin field. So if I call the paper 22.6" with no margins, now it cuts off at 24" again.

Why this is different in OS 10.3 and 10.2 I do not know, but it must have to do with the driver, which is updated to version 3.0 in OS 10.3.