format and print quality

Mark Fleming

Question

I can find no print services in Tucson that can open a Vectorwork's file so I save each sheet as a tiff or jpg or pdf and take those files to the printer.

When using these formats is their a reduction in image quality (resolution)? Would the printing be better if the printer used Vectorworks viewer or had a Vectorworks program?

I have read other's postings and know to ask the printer to increase resolution to 600 dpi but I am still curious about this question.

Thank you [Roll Eyes]

2 answers to this question

The best would be if they had the viewer program. However some print service companies are weird about what programs they want to load onto their computers. Alternately, the PDF format will be the best. However I have seen some weirdness with symbols, text blocks, etc. Tiff and Jpegs are bitmap formats and as such pixelate close up depending on file size and resolution. PDF format is objects although these files can become pretty big too.