VW11& Printing

ola_ola

Question

O.K . Can any one give me advice on my particular needs. I am planning on upgrading to VWA 11 from 10.5 and need a printer that can go up to 24" for occasional B/W CD's, but will be doing design drawings @ 13" X19" (color) most of the time. I do output some renderworks,Piranesi,C4D images for presentations. I was looking at the HP120nr or new 130plus series. Is VWA dependent on postscript printing in the Mac environment, since gimp, microspot and other Rip engines seem to be discussed so often. I am a one man Interior design firm just looking for quality prints and space savings. Thanks

3 answers to this question

VW can print to any printer supported by the Operating System. However, you'll find under OS 10, most of the supported printers are postscript.

The 120 is a great plotter, one that I would personally recommend.

Thanks Katie for the clarification. Is there a drastic quality difference using the design jet 120 with its OSX office drivers vs optional RIP offered by HP ( B/W line drawings and color renderings). Just trying to decide if I should purchase the RIP also

You are better off discussing this with HP.

THere is a difference in print quality in Post Script VS non-PS.

PS costs more, but also offers a higher level of quality. It also takes a little longer to print in most cases.

Non-PS is cheaper, faster, but you also sacrifice quality.