Crop Object

Ray Libby

Question

VW 11, WinXP, DesignJet 430, All the latest drivers. When cropping a drawing I can't use any object other than a rectangle. Any other objects (circle, polygon etc.) causes missing lines, hatches, arcs, circles. This is not the case on my Brother Laser, prints fine with any object.

Here is a scan of my print from the DJ 430, three viewports that all look the same on screen.

-

I should add viewports are great!

[ 09-01-2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Ray Libby ]

8 answers to this question

Ray,

Can you please send me a VW file that has this problem?

Also, can you try to use the Raster Printing option to see if the crop object prints?

We are looking into this issue as a new, non-reported bug.

Thanks!

I am also having problems when printing viewports. In my case it has always been missing text objects from dimensions, vectorworks standard plug-in objects or just individual text. There does not appear to be any consistency in what it chooses not to print and other text objects or plug-in objects with otherwise exact same properties will print correctly. I had sent one of my files with the problem to nemetschek and they said they couldn't find the problem. This problem happens on every printer we have and also when creating pdf's. the only consistent thing I found is that if I remove the crop object from the viewport everything prints correctly and the problems consistently repeat when I add the crop object back in. (it kind of defeats the purpose if we can't use crop objects in our viewports). This is when using a simple rectangle crop object. We had this problem with VW11 and with our recent upgrade to VW11.5. (I am using Mac OS X 10.3.7). I would like to know if other's have had this specific problem. -Thanks

I am new to viewports and had the same text dropping problem while using rectangluar cropping (although I haven't tried it with any other shape). I upgraded from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 and everything was fixed! Maybe downgrading back to 11.0.1 from 11.5 might help?

(I'm using OS 10.3.9)