Sign in to follow this  
aidlin darling

prints disappear into thin air

Question

I have VWorks 10.5, on Mac OSX.

I'm running it on a Powerbook G4, printing to HP Laserjet 5100tn and to HP Laserjet 4mv, across ethernet network.

Yesterday I printed my files to 11x17 format no problem.

Today, when I send them they vanish--and never print. Sometimes they show up in the printer monitor, status "starting printing," then they disappear, and don't print.

This has happened to me a couple times before. Once a file has this problem, I have never successfully printed it from my machine again. But, when I open the same file on another machine in the same network, I can print it fine. This happens to both printers. I have never had this problem with any other application--only with VWorks.

I've tried reinstalling the application, but just by copying over from another location. That doesn't seem to be a clean install (doesn't lose preferences or serial numbers), but I haven't yet found instructions to uninstall VWorks so I can start over. I have done permission repair under OSX.

Any tips on clean reinstall and/or other printer troubleshooting?

How large are the VW files you are trying to print?

I am using n XP machine with VW 11. I am unable to print large plots with an HP 500. I export to DWG and open in Autocad 2005 LT and they print fine. I print from Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop to the same printer and they print fine also. I was experiencing this problem with VW 10 then downloaded 10.5 and it went away. Do you anticipate a patch soon?

[ 07-14-2004, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Jon of Stealth ]

What print driver do you have installed?

Have you tried to turn of spool smart?

I'm having the same problem. I am using a PowerMac G4 running Panther and trying to print to an HP 1055CM.

The file is about 54MB and is 36 x 72.

I send the job to print and it disappears. The funny part is I can print half of the file, but not the entire file.

Any thoughts on this one?

Check mark Print As Raster in the print dialog box and see if the print is sucessful.