IBM 1312 laser printer problem

L+K

Question

Using VW 10.5 -Initially we had the 1312 printer hooked up to a MAC & it printed from VW without a problem. Now we have it connected to our new PC network & it won't print from VW. I don't even get an error message so I can't figure out what's wrong. It acts like it is spooling & then suddenly stops 1/2 way through and disappears - and of course, nothing comes out of the printer.

Any suggestions? It seems we should not be having this problem. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Katie,

The printer is no longer connected to a MAC at all. We use a peer to peer PC network now. I guess I need to clarify my earlier point - I know that the printer can work with VW, because it did before - but now it won't.

We all use XP Pro & the printer is connected to one computer which is shared across our network 5 computers.

You might have a corrupt font in the computer causing the problem - which is fairly common under OS 10 to develop a problem like this eventually.

You can download font doctor or something like that at cnet.com to find if it's a corrupt font.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you may need to contact the manufacturer about the issue. It may be a problem with the printer being shared over a PC network, or a setting may be out of align or something like that.

Using VW 10.5 -Initially we had the 1312 printer hooked up to a MAC & it printed from VW without a problem. Now we have it connected to our new PC network & it won't print from VW. I don't even get an error message so I can't figure out what's wrong. It acts like it is spooling & then suddenly stops 1/2 way through and disappears - and of course, nothing comes out of the printer.

Any suggestions? It seems we should not be having this problem. Thanks