Ghost lines appearing when printing

eric.rktek

Question

I'm having some ghost lines appear when I am trying to print a site plan. I have tried the print resolution at 300 and 600 dpi, tried printing at 11x17 to an Epson 2200 and through Adobe Acrobat 6.0. The lines vary in location from print to print, but they are not part of the drawing and they are not meant to be there. I have also tried using the postscript printing option under the vectorworks sub menu in the print window with no luck. I also tried closing and restarting vecotorworks. There are probably about 10-12 items of rotated text in the drawing as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thank you in advance for all your assistance.

Eric

VW 10.5.1

Mac G4 533

OS 10.3.2

256 MG RAM

3 answers to this question

The do look like they might be from an arc, or some kind of crazy extension of a couple arcs. The file is a site plan with a lot of arcs for the different curbs.

I restarted my computer this morning and tried printing as bitmap and they arcs went away. I was able to print normally to my epson 2200 after that and it seemed fine. Was it possibly just a memory glitch?

Thanks,

Eric

It sounds like it.

There was an older bug that caused the same problem if the vertex of the arc was not on the physical drawing area in VW. You had to zoom way out to get them to stop printing. It was fixed as far as I know. I was concerned the bug came back, but a restart fixed it .. so I'd chalk it up to the computer just needing to be restarted.