Problems with rasterized printing

Bernd von Klebelsberg

Question

We use VectorWorks Architect, german localisation Version 10.5.1 running under Mac OS10.3.2 . We use 23 time vector works in our office and for us its necessary to print with tranparent things and images with no white pixels.

Are ther some known problems with the following workflow?

1.When I try printing out of the "Rasterizing method of Vectorworks" (this is the last option in the VW printingdialog checkbox) sometimes I get heavy problems with my HP DesignJet 755 and 800 postscript printers. The printer output looks like colored wrapping paper and doesnt show the image I sent to the printer. The same problem occurs when I wtite postscript data and convert it to pdf. Sometimes it works well sometimes not. Here its not possible to print with some paperdimensions like A1 portrait, but the print with A1 landscape works well. Customized papers with 84*84 centimeters works well, another like 60*60 produces trash.

I cant find out the rules how to bring this printingmethod to work correctly. The german distributor ,computerworks, told me, at their office everything works well. I think this is not possible,because I even cant with a new clean installed OS out of the box.

2.When I write postscript data instead of printing, it seems impossible to write a ps file larger then 2GB. Is this correct? Itested this up to 1.75GB ps file . When i choose another,larger papersize it seems to generate larger PS files and the generated ps file is written into 24kb. the printing or pdf aquivalent is white sheet of paper.

Thanks for help with our workflow.

B.v.Klebelsberg

1 answer to this question

Creating the PS file that large is depenedant on memory.

Are you getting a message when you create it or just nothing happens?

As for the printing raster - what dpi do you have set?

You should make sure your dpi is the same in all the dialog boxes to ensure an accurate print.