Printer is Printing Outside Printable Area

Forest

Question

Can anyone help, I have just aquired a HP designjet 500. I am new to Vector works and was wanting to plot out a plan that was sent to me. I have set the print area and what i want to print is inside the grey area. The drawing is scaled at a scale of 1:50. and should be fine to print on A1 Landscape. Printing is fine except it prints stuff inside and outside the print area and because of this, what would be a 1:50 drawing is shrunk down to allow for stuff out side the print area to be printed ...giving me a drawing that isnt 1:50 but more like 1:75.. Any ideas, much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

UNder the Print menu, there should be a setting in there somewhere (depends on what OS you are on) that has a scaling option. Make sure this is set to 100%

Also make sure you haven't checked "Fit to Page" anywhere.

if you are on a PC, you'll need to click on Properties and go through all the settings in all the tabs.

If you are OS 9, it's pretty straight forward in Page Setup.

OS 10 has it in Page SEtup and in the Print dialog box. You'll need to go through all the drop down boxes and settings in both Page Setup and Print dialog boxes to find the correct settings.