OSX.3 & Epson 2200

Travis

Question

I'm running VWA 10.5.1 on a 1.8G5 with OSX.3.2

When I print to our brand-new Epson 2200, I don't get 100%-sized image. Resulting prints couldn't be scaled accurately (1/4" page scale prints at about 7/32") Every dialog box is set to 100%.

BTW, when printing to Epson's 1280 under OS9.2, everything scaled exactly. Same version of VWA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Katie,

Created PDf file from the Print dialog box (Save as PDF...) then printed from Acrobat 6.0 Is there another way?

Still falsified, but the other way: finished document is slightly smaller than scale, rather than larger.

Sending "pieces" of the page to our HP Laserprinter (Postscript) yields correctly scaled output.

Still looking for ideas.

When you created the PDF, did you use the Epson as the printer?

Try this instead -

Create a generic printer in the print center using IP Printing and an IP address of 111.111.111.111

In VW, select this printer in the Print Dialog box, then create a PDF file using the print to PDF button in the Print dialog box.

Open this file in Adobe or Picture Viewer or whatever ...then print it to the Epson 2200.

[ 01-21-2004, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Richard,

Yes, all Page Setup scales are set to 100%.

Katie,

Followed your guideline and discovered a Page Scaling pull-down in Acrobat's print dialog box that defaults to Fit-to-Page. Changed that to None (no scaling) and it prints true-to-scale. Even if using the 2200 as the designated printer when saving as PDF.

Still, however, falsifies when printing directly from VWA. Perhaps I'll try rebuilding the printer.Would rather not have to work-around, but at least the scale is true!

Thanks,

Travis

[ 01-21-2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

To add clarity to the confusion:

I opened a new blank template, drew a box, added dimensions and printed directly from VWA. Scale is true.

Two files that we're just finishing for clients (one is 17.2mb, the other 4mb--if that matters) were begun on VWA 9.5.1 and then updated. Both files print falsified, but ONLY to the 2200. Go figure.

We'll use the PDF work-around for the remainder of these two projects, and trust that new work in process won't suffer. Seems all is good.

Thanks Katie, and Richard, for your help.

Travis

Travis, look for that same option in the Page setup and print dialog boxes that you saw in Adobe. I bet that is the culprit.

They both have the same page setup and print settings for the exception of the VW specific drop down in Page Setup.