Page - Print Area Size problem

L+K

Question

Using VW 10.5, Windows XP Pro & have an HP 500 ps.

I do Page Setup for Arch D 24x36. However, when I go into Page - Set Print Area, the size is "One Page" and it's 23.5 x 35.65 (or something similar), if I change "One Page" to "ARCH D" it wants to print on three pages. This doesn't happen when we use our Macs. What do I need to do to make the VW Print Frame actually be 24"x36" w/o having this cropping occur?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

You are getting the cropped page size in the Print dialog box to allow for page margins. You are probably getting the same page margins on the Mac, you just aren't told it.

On most HP machines, the page margin is usually to allow for the ink carriage to back and forth. If there is only enough space for it to go 10.5" across, even though you roll of paper is 11" across - 10.5 is all you are going to be allowed to print on.

When you switch the Set Print Area from One Page to Arch d, the print setup is changing from your page size of arch d to 8.5x11 (letter) - which is why you are getting the 3 pages in the little display window.

If you ink carriage will allow you print as wide as the roll of paper you have, you will need to set up a custom page size. I'm fairly certain the 500 will not allow you to print the entire page size though.

In set print area you are seeing the available print area minus the printers margins, 5/8" on the edges. The printer cannot print edge to edge on the paper, but the length can vary. I find using a custom size(24 x 36)and setting print area at one page gives me a little more print area than using D size. I am using an HP 430 but I think the drivers are similar.