Printing color doesn't compare to screencolor

Ronald

Question

My prints from VectorWorks doesn't compare to wat is see on my screen. The colors on the print (especialy gradients) are really different from the screen. I have tried many things to solve this problem but nothing seems to work. I have Mac OSX, make pdf's with Acrobat and send these to a HP ColorPro GA printer with Imation Matchprint. I have also tried all colorsettings on this printer without good results.

Kind Regards,

Ronald

4 answers to this question

Ronald,

You may also want to change the printing DPI to 600 or so when printing. That will give you a better quality print and possibly getting closer to the determined colors.

Are you using non-RGB colors in VW? Have you converted some of the colors in the color palette to CMYK or something else?

Kristen, You're right about the paper quality. I use expensive coated paper so that might not be the problem. Maybe i should try paper of another brand. Thanks for the advise [smile]

Katie, I am printing 600dpi. All colors have RGB values but if that means that the color is really printable RGB i don't know. For example, in Photoshop you see a triangle if a color isn't printable, in VW there is no such option. My printer prints CMYK. Should i convert my colors in the colorpalette to CMYK? Is there an option to do so? Thanks for your support [smile]

Ronald

The colors in the color palette for VW are RGB, so the problem may lie there.

You should have CMYK color palette that came with the printer installed on the computer.

You can select the CMYK color palettein VW and use those colors.

Please refer to the User's Guide under Color Palette for more information on this topic.