Printing D size dwg across 36" roll on 800ps

hanes

Question

I would like very much to be able to print D and E drawings on the same (36") roll of paper in an HP 800ps. Obviously, when printing "D" drawings it would be faster and more paper efficient if the drawing was oriented so that the long (36") dimension of the drawing plotted across the 36" dimension of the paper. I have been unable to find a combination of printer and page setups that allow printing a document in this orientation. VW 10.5 on OX 10.2.8

2 answers to this question

You'll need to create a custom page size for portrait that has the longer edge as the horizontal page and the shorter length as the vertical dimension.

basically, you are creating a custom paper size that is landscape only turned 90 degrees and set to use the Portrait layout.

This is exactly how we plot to our 800PS with great results. I don't understand why plotters are designed to print in portrait orientation as default, but you have to tell the plotter to rotate the image into landscape orientation. Here is how you do it:

In the Page Setup dialog chose landscape orintation for the page, which is either the center button or far right button. (The drawing comes out right side up if you choose the far right button).

The trick is in the print dialog. You must go to the "Finishing" pane in the pull down menu and check the "Rotate" box. This tells the plotter to rotate the image to landscape orientation, which matches the orientation you set up for the page.

You can then save a "Preset" with the rotate box checked and then just choose this preset when you plot in this orientation.

Regards,

Peter