Printing a selected area

Becki

Question

I just got in v. 10.5 and imported an existing (2D)autocad lt file. I've looked through the user guide, but can't find a way to specify what part of a drawing is printed. Right now the print boundary box is sitting over a useless portion of the file. Is there a way to 'move' the print boundary box to the area I need it?

Also, sometimes I like to just select an area, and tell autocad to scale it to fit the page I'm printing on. Is there any way to do this on Vectorworks?

3 answers to this question

Found it- thanks!

I'm still wondering about how to select an area to print- on the print popup, you can select the print range of all, pages x-y, current view, or selection. And 'selection' is in grey, where you can't select that option. How do I actrivate that?

Thanks!

Here's the most common procedure: 1) go to the PAGE SETUP menu item and select the appropriate paper size, printer and page orientation. 2) Go to the PAGE menu (about three over from the left in VW's) and got SET PRINT AREA. This allows you to choose either a single page, or as many pages - tiled together - as you want.3) Now when you go to PRINT you should be able to select multiple pages...

BUT REMEMBER: Pages are different then SHEETS. In my opinion, one the most powerful features of VW's is the SAVE SHEET command (which you can find down at the lower left of the drawing window). A SHEET is a user defined "visibility matrix" with any combination of LAYERS & CLASSES either visible, invisible or grayed.

Experiment. Have Fun!

Peter